Portable air compressors are individually styled to be easily moved. These work similarly to the standard air compressors and come in an extensive range of sizes. You can easily store them at any place as these are portable enough to move here and there without any difficulty. There are a lot of portable air compressors that are styled explicitly as per the need of the job. Some of them are amazing to inflate and deflate tires, and on the other hand, some are good to little power instruments.
There are essential things you need to consider while buying a portable air compressor. So, you need to understand all the features, including weight, size, durability, and performance, to buy one.
It isn’t easy to select one when you have a lot of options. So, your search will end in this article as it has the top 5 portable air compressors. Go ahead to select the best one as per your requirements.
1. Bostitch BTFP02012 Oil-Free Compressor
This air compressor by Bostitch has a long-lasting pump that requires no maintenance and is easy to use. This machine doesn’t make much noise as it has a moderate level of dBA, i.e., 78.5. This makes sure that it generates less noise and allows you to work efficiently.
The Bostitch BTFP02012 Oil-Free Compressor possesses a motor having great-efficiency. This permits the machine to start in the cold climate also. To increase the performance of the air tool, this portable air compressor has couplers in addition to high flow regulators, which lead to more significant results.
- Note:Item does not includes hose or gun kit
- 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM* delivered @ 90 PSI pump
- High efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather ; BOSTITCH high efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application [14 ga or larger, 50 ft. (15.2 m) or less]
- 78.5 dBA** operational noise level for a quiet work environment
- High flow regulator and couplers to maximize air tool performance
Significant features of Bostitch BTFP02012 Oil-Free Compressor –
- 29 lb weight allows it to be easily carried
- Oil-free – No need for regular maintenance
- Styled for user’s convenience
- 150 max PSI 6.0-gallon tank and 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump
2. California Air Tools 8010 Air Compressor
This portable air compressor is ideal for large projects. It operates as quietly as possible at 60 dB, and it possesses a one-horsepower motor that is strong enough for the majority of the task locations. This gets filled up quickly. You will have the power to re-fill the huge and rust-free tank in just no time if it gets drained.
However, the California Air Tools 8010 Air Compressoris not good at all points as it is costly. You may face some problems at the task location as the stand of this portable air compressor is not much durable. All in all, it is a fantastic machine apart from the negatives mentioned above.
- Comes complete with Wheel Kit & Air Filter | No hose included | Consider you will need a ¼” Universal / Industrial Male Quick Connector to attach your hose to the air compressor
- Product dimensions – 26" L x 14" W x 23” H | Max Pressure – 120 PSI | Voltage – 110V / 60 Hz | Min running watts – 2500 | Noise level – 60 dBA | Max Continuous run time – 30-60 min (depending on PSI & CFM) | Low Amp Draw – 8.5 Amps
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs | Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor
- The large 8.0 Gallon Steel Air Tank is Lightweight (48 lbs) and the wheel kit makes it very easy to transport
- The Oil-Free pump allows for use in a variety of temperatures and uneven terrains | This air compressor is ideal for anyone working inside where noise is a major issue
Significant features of the California Air Tools 8010 Air Compressor–
- Tank size – 8 gallons
- Super quiet
- Strong 1.0 HP
- Easy to move wheels
3. Viair 00088 Portable Air Compressor
If you are low on budget, then Viair 00088 Portable Air Compressoris a perfect pick for you. This device is one of the best little air compressors for tasks on the road or around the house.
No doubt it has a 1.47-CFM rating and delivers 120 PSI, this is not the most powerful air compressor. However, its lightweight construction and adequate dimensions make it an ideal device for little jobs.
This portable air compressor has a 3-piece inflation tip accessory kit, 16-foot air hose, and a LED power indicator. There is no doubt in accepting that its power has some negatives. You will need an upgrade if you are at your task location for which the regular functioning of various parts is necessary. However, it is an ideal pick for purchasers who are low on budget.
- 12 VOLT - 120PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- 1.47CFM Free Flow @ 0 PSI.Max. Amp Draw: 20 Amps
- Portable air compressor powered via alligator clamps direct to battery.
- Good for small ATVs, trucks, SUVs, and sedans with up to 33" Tires.
- LED/Power indicator, 10 Ft. Power Cord, 16 Ft. Air Hose, 3pc Inflation Tip Kit
Significant features of Viair 00088 Portable Air Compressor–
- Less in cost
- Dual battery clamps
- 10 Ft. Power cord
- 1.47 free flow at 0 PSI Max
4. Makita 2.5 MAC2400 Portable Air Compressor
This portable air compressor by Makita delivers incredible industrial power and, all in all, excellent performance as it has Big Bore engineered pump cylinder and piston. Because of the oil-lubricated pump that operates at 1730 RPM, the Makita 2.5 MAC2400 Portable Air Compressor generates less noise. It has a fantastic 2.5-HP motor that delivers fantastic productivity. As a result, the overall durability of the pump increases. It has rubber feet that assist in absorbing vibrations so that noise will be further reduced.
This portable air compressor is highly durable, as cast iron is mainly used in its making. So, it can resist all the scrapes and bumps on the construction locations. It has a roll-cage shape that allows it to move here and there. You can easily carry and transport this device whenever required with its top handle.
- Cast iron pump with big bore cylinder and piston is engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance
- Low AMP draw reduces incidences of tripped breakers at start up. The 4.2 gallon twin stacked tank sustains an operating pressure of 130 PSI, and delivers 40 PSI (4.8 CFM) and 90 PSI (4.2 CFM), enough for 2 nailers
- Pump is oil lubricated for cooler running temperatures and reduced wear. Built in thermal overload for additional motor protection. Compressor oil (181122 A). 1/4 inches universal quick coupler (447013 E)
- Roll cage construction provides complete protection to withstand extreme jobsite environments. Lever handle ball valve tank drain valve improves upon standard petcock design for easier maintenance
- Large automotive style industrial air filter for increased air intake and greater efficiency. Durable cast iron cylinder reduces wear and increases pump life; removable for easy maintenance. Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance
The major downside of this air compressor is that it weighs 77 pounds. It implies that you have to compromise because of its weight;
however, the rubber feet and handle are unusual inclusions.
Significant features of Makita 2.5 MAC2400 Portable Air Compressor –
- For simple access and easy maintenance, the oil sight glass and oil drain are conveniently fixed.
- In-built thermal overload so that the motor won’t get damaged.
- Long-lasting cast iron cylinder.
- Large automotive designed industrial air filter.
5. PORTER-CABLE C2002 Pancake Compressor
The first thing you will observe about this portable air compressor is its different pancake-style tank that offers the most exceptional stability. The PORTER-CABLE C2002 Pancake Compressor delivers enhanced performance at 150 PSI max tank with 120V induction motor. This device is perfect for firing a nailer and filling tires. The parts of this portable air compressor are highly protected because of its steel construction, console cover, and shroud. It is effortless to carry as it has a fantastic handle at its top. You’ll be glad to know that it weighs only 30 pounds. This air compressor comes with a 13-piece accessory kit that incorporates a blowgun, nylon hose, tire gauge, and a lot more.
- 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool run times
- 2.6 SCFM at 90 psi allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
- Six-gallon pancake-style tank for stability, includes water drain valve and rubber feet
- Low-amp 120-volt motor starts easily in cold weather or with extension cord
- 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool run times
Light in weight, compact in size, and simple to set up allow this device to be highly portable. But, it has significant downsides of loud compressors and vibration. All in all, it is a fantastic compressor at such a cost.
Significant features of PORTER-CABLE C2002 Pancake Compressor –
- Oil-free motor
- Low Amp 120V motor powers up instantly in a cold climate
- 6-gallon pancake-style tank for stability
- Two factory-installed air couplers
Picking a portable air compressor is not an easy job, and hopefully, this article helps you in finding your best pick. These are compact and less in weight air compressors that generate less noise pollution. These can be easily used on the road. So, it’s now up to you to determine which air compressor is best for you, depending on your needs and budgets.
This list of top 5 portable air compressors has something for every individual. These compressors have an extensive range depending on their cost, durability, weight, size, and a lot of features.